1) Screen your windows-and then check the screens for tears and holes.
2) Check the entry access points around your home: caulk all openings and use a door sweep – pests are tiny and a crevice the size of a penny can be a perfect entry point!
3) Cover big openings: chimney and roof vents should be covered by mesh – or use a chimney cap.
4) Keep trash cleaned up and covered – regularly empty the trash can and make sure that the cans are sanitized.
5) Eliminate the food supply: make it a habit to clean up any leftover food items left on tables or around the house. Wipe down countertops regularly and food should be stored in air-tight containers.